The Kenana Red Sea Terminal is to be constructed at Port Sudan green area (latitude 19 - 39
and longitude 13 - 37) with a total area of 125,000 m⊃2;.
The project will serve the sugar refinery with total capacity of one million ton/year.
The project is owned and developed by Kenana Sugar Company, Ltd.
• Raw sugar warehouses with storage capacity of (100,000 ton);
• Refine sugar warehouses with storage capacity of (40,000 ton);
• 6 silos for crops with storage capacity of 90,000 tons;
• Administrative offices with services and utilities.
• Design refinery and utilities locations according to topography, land characteristics, logis
tics and transportation;
• Basic infrastructure required and how it can be avail;
• Identify the availability of the related facilities in terms of engineering, labor, staffing;
• Identify sugar quality and provide market forecasts;
• Project the financial returns;
• Examine the sensitivity of the project regarding different variables such as sugar price,
capital and operation cost;
• Illustrate the SWOT analysis of the project;
• Estimate the implementation time scale.
The conceptual design is under process and almost completed.
KETS finalized the land agreement with Sea Port Corporation (SPC).