The White Nile Sugar Project (WNSP) area is about 50 km long and 28 km wide, estimated
at 165,000 Feddans, bordered to the east by the El Gezira scheme and to the west by Khartoum
Rabak highway. The expected Capital investment is 1.1 Billion USD.
• An Agriculture Scheme to produce 3.5 MM tons cane/annum;
• Establish a sugar factory with a crushing capacity of 26,000 TCD;
• Establish a co-generation plant with total capacity 104 MW;
• Built an ethanol Plant with a total production capacity of 200 L/day;
• Establish an animal Feed factory with a total capacity of 100 TPY.
• Develop the strategic plan of the project.
• Determine the project’s technical and financial viability to produce sugar and other crops.
• Prepare the Engineering Design for the various projects components
• Manage the implementation of the Project
• Equity and Debt placement
• The White Nile Sugar Company Formation
• Operation of the project after completion.
In 2000, KETS was appointed by the Sudan Ministry of Industry (MOI) to prepare the project
strategy and feasibility study (FS) of the gigantic WNSP. In 2002 and after the endorsement
of the FS by the government, KETS was appointment to expand the project for investment.
By 2003, KETS was able to establish the White Nile Sugar Company (WNSC) with a total
shared capital of 120 MM USD and an investors list of 20 investors locally and internationally.
This was accomplished by intensive project appraisal activities led by KETS. In 2004
WNSC signed a contract with Kenana Sugar Company (KSC), to engineer and manage the
project implementation. KSC assigned KETS to execute the signed contract.
In the past few years, KETS was able to raise the equity and debt portions of the project
totaled to 1.1 billion to meet the investment capital requirements.