The Project site lies in the White Nile State on the west bank of White Nile
River, 50km south of Kosti and 350 km south of Khartoum.
• Developing and preparing a total land area of 150,000 feddans for growing
of sugarcane, building of factory, utilities, roads, pump house, canals &
• Establishing an irrigation system to irrigate an agricultural area of 105,000
Feddans to produce 4,545,000 tons of sugarcane;
• Building a sugar plant with a crushing capacity of 26,000 tons of cane per
day to produce 500,000 ton of raw sugar per year;
• Building a power generation plant with a capacity of 105 MW to supply the
factory and to export the surplus to the national grid.
• Develop the strategic plan of the project.
• Determine the project’s technical and financial viability to produce raw
• Prepare the conceptual design for the various projects components.
• Manage the implementation of the Project.
• The Company Formation.
In 2010 KETS prepared the technical documentation of the project. Accordingly,
the site selection process has been established based on the viable
outcomes to come up with a new site location.
In November 2010 the initial land agreement has been signed with the
White Nile State.
Subsequently, KETS will manage the pre-implementation processes to reach
a mutual agreement to manage the Project.